Welcome to the Online Renewal System
You have selected the easiest and most convenient way for Shelby County
residents to renew motor vehicle and boat registrations. You can complete your renewal in a few simple steps.
Be sure to have the following ready before you begin:
- A valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover accepted )
- The renewal reminder notice you received in the mail.
- A valid Alabama driver's license, or Alabama ID.
- Beginning January 2013, vehicle owners must provide proof of insurance which includes the current effective date,
insurer’s NAIC number, vehicle identification number (VIN) and policy number. [Click Here For More Information]
If your tag design has been updated, you will automatically receive the new design.
Renewals that meet the following criteria cannot be processed through the Online Renewal System.
- Renewal notices that do not have a total amount shown.
- Renewals requiring an affidavit or other documentation.
If any of these situations apply to you, please visit your local License Office to update your information and process your renewal.
The Online Renewal System allows you to renew and pay for all of your motor vehicle renewals and boats with a single transaction.
Upon completion of your renewals, your
registration decal(s) will be mailed to you (via USPS) and should arrive within 7 business days of your transaction.
Please print the confirmation page upon completion to use as proof of renewal until your decal(s) arrive. All prices are USD.
Shelby County uses the latest encryption technology to safeguard information entered into the system.
Please be assured that your information will remain confidential and will not be shared.
This is a secure site. Unauthorized access or use is not permitted and constitutes
a crime punishable by law. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.